Sunday, October 17, 2004

9/15/04 The beginning.....

I must admit I was very nervous. The week before was spent wondering what in the hell I was getting myself into. I have two kids for Gods sake! My father didn't get his arms covered with tattoos. What are my kids going to think about this? On and on it went. My wife and my good friend Ian helped me out tons with this. Huge props to them for listening to me whine about it.

SIDE NOTE - Ian has also had work done by Christopher and is currently getting an amazing tattoo done by Atom at Artcore.

Upon arriving and filling out the necessary paperwork, Christopher filled me in on what we were starting with. It would be the left arm halo skull. He was still tweaking the flames to flowers morph thing-a-ma-jiggy, so it would be the skull outline and shading. The session went fine and in an hour and a half I had a big skull on my arm. Cool!

By the time I got home the kids were in bed so they wouldn't see it until morning. All night I kept thinking they would think it was weird or scary and freak. In the morning I took off the plastic wrap and washed it up. I have to admit at this point I was thinking, "What in the hell have I done?" once again. The kids thought it looked cool, but Dean was bummed there was only stuff on "Emma's arm". After a day I got over my WTH? feelings and started wishing I could have got more done. With just the skull it looks like I'm some kind of rocker/devil worshiper. I am having to explain that there will be more, a lot more, and it will take some time to finish. Total time - 1.5 hours

No comments: