Sunday, October 17, 2004

The story so far.....

Up until 9/15/04 my arms looked like the previous photo. I had both of my kids names tattooed on my arms after they were born by Joe Who at Lucky Devil Tattoo . The tattoos have faded a bit because of the sun. Sunscreen will soon become my friend. Since my last one , almost four years ago, my wife has recieved two tattoos. Both were by an artist she had found some mysterious way named Christopher Gay. For her first one he was working at Slave To The Needle. Shortly after that one he had moved, along with another artist, to open their own studio in Georgetown called Artcore Studios . Her second one was done in the new studio. I had been thinking about getting something else, but really couldn't decided on what. After several years of listening to me whine about it, my wife got me some time with Christopher for my birthday in 2003. I went and met with him in September (03) and it became apparent I didn't have enough ideas to get started. Christopher gave me some things to think about and off I went. I must admit I was a bit defeated after our first meeting. I put the whole tattoo idea on the back burner. I would think about it from time to time, usually after a few pints, but still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Finally in early summer 04 I got serious about it again. I made some rough sketches and gathered up some things I liked (Hellboy comic, photos of a motorcycle helmet, and some tattoo mags) and made another appointment with Christopher. This time I had enough ideas and we decided to do both of my arms from wrists to lower biceps. The main componets will be two large skulls, one with a halo and the other with horns, skull braclets, flames and flowers. It might sound strange, but in my mind it works. The following posts will follow the progress of getting my arms covered with art.

No comments: